Ming-Jer Jeng was born in Taiwan. He received the B.S. degree from the Feng-Chia University, Tai-Chung, Taiwan, in 1985 and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, in 1987 and 1996, respectively, all in electrical engineering. From 1989 to 2006, he was with St. John’s University, Tamsui, Taiwan, where he served as a lecturer, associate professor, and professor, during the time periods of 1989, 1997, and 2000, respectively. Since Aug. 2006, he has been with the Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan, where he is currently an associate professor in the department of electronic engineering and the Green Technology Research Center, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan. His research interest is focused on compound semiconductor solar cells (CIGS and nitride-based solar cells) and light emitting diodes.
Journal articles & book chapters:
- Mu-Jen Lai, Ming-Jer Jeng, and Liann-Be Chang, 2010, “High-Efficiency InGaN-Based Yellow-Green Light-Emitting Diodes”, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 49, 021004.
- Liann-Be Chang, Kuo-Ling Chiang, Hsin-Yi Chang, Ming-Jer Jeng, Chia-Yi Yen,Cheng-Chen Lin, Yuan-Hsiao Chang, Mu-Jen Lai, Yu-Lin Lee, and Tai-Wei Soong, 2010, “Electrostatic Reliability Characteristics of GaN Flip-Chip Power Light-Emitting Diodes With Metal–Oxide–Silicon Submount”, IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 57, 119-124.
- Ming-Jer Jeng, Yu-Lin Lee and Liann-Be Chang, 2009, “Temperature Dependences of InxGa1-xN Multiple Quantum Well Solar Cells” Journal of Physics D:Applied Physics, Vol.42, No.10, 105101.
- Liann-Be Chang, Ching-Chuan Shiue, Ming-Jer Jeng, 2009, “High reflective p-GaN/Ni/Ag/Ti/Au Ohmic contacts for flip-chip light-emitting diode (FCLED) applications” Applied Surface Science, Vol.255, No.12, 6155-6158.
- Ming-Jer Jeng, Ching-Chuan Shiue, Liann-Be Chang, 2008, “The reflectivity of Mo/Ag/Au ohmic contacts on p-type GaN forflip-chip light-emitting diode (FCLED) applications “, Applied Surface Science, 254, 4479-4482.
- Liann-Be Chang, Yuan-Hsiao Chang, Yuan-Shun Chang, Ming-Jer Jeng, “On Chip Surge Protection for GaN Power LEDs by ZnO Thin Film Varistor”, Proc. of SPIE, V.6894, 689412-1, (2008)
7. Liann-Be Chang, Yuan-Hsiao Chang, and Ming-Jer Jeng, 2007, “Light Output Improvement of InGaN-Based Light-Emitting Diodes by Microchannel Structure”, IEEE photonics technology letters, Vol.. 19, No. 15, p.1175.
8. Liann-Be Chang, Ching-Chuan Shiue, and Ming-Jer Jeng, 2007, “Formation Process of High Reflective Ni/Ag/Au Ohmic Contact for GaN Flip-Chip Light-Emitting Diodes”, Applied Physics Letters, Vol.90, p.163515.
9. Ming-Jer Jeng, Yuan-Hsiao Chang, Liann-Be Chang, Mei-Jiau Huang, and Jia-Chuan Lin, 2007, “Effective Suppression of Surface Recombination of AlGaInP Light-Emitting Diodes by Sulfur Passivation”, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol.46, No.13., L291.
10. Der-Hwa YEH, Li-Zen HSIEH*, Liann-Be CHANG1, Ming-Jer JENG1 and Ping-Yu KUEI, 2007, ”The Palladium Diffusion Transport in n-type GaAs”, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol.46, No.3A, p.968.
11. Liann-Be Changa,Z, Chia-Hwa Changb, Ming-Jer Jenga, Hsien-Chin Chiua and Hung-Fei Kuoc, 2007, “Barrier Height Enhancement of AlxGa1-xN/GaN Schottky Diodes prepared by P2S5/ (NH4)2S treatments”, Electrochemical and Solid state letter, Vol.10, No.3, p.H79.
12. Liann-Be Chang,a,z Hong-Hsi Ko,b Ming-Jer Jeng,a Yu-Lin Lee,a Chao-Sung Laia,*, 2007, “PH-Sensitive Gd2O3 / SiO2 Stacked Capacitors Prepared By Pure Water Anodic oxidation”, Journal Electrochemical Society, Vol.154, No.5, J150.
13. Der-Hwa Yeh a, Li-Zen Hsieh a, Liann-Be Chang b, Ming-Jer Jeng b,*, 2007, “The characteristics of platinum diffusion in n-type GaN”, Applied Surface Science, Vol.253, No.16, p.6910.